The site for Stephen Wynn Cole

WYNN COLE is due on October 20th, 2010.

Can't wait to meet you, Wynn.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

LIVEBLOG



Some of these posts are going to be reflective and comment after some time has passed. Others are going to be contemporaneous as events occur-the so called "liveblog." This one is kind of a combination of the two. Kate and I have developed a pretty good diaper changing system . We kind of resemble a NASCAR pit crew. I shudder to think when one of us has to take on the challenge alone. (I had the first diaper while Kate was recovering - you know, the meconium one - but I had a helpful nurse to guide me through it. ) We just added a member to the pit crew. Bogey, the Wonder Yorkie, is more than just a pretty face. We don't have to wonder anymore if Wynn needs a diaper change. Bogey comes over and gives a lingering sniff in the diaper region and then looks up at us. Another sniff confirms it.


Then Mom and Dad take over. Dad grabs the changing pad and cover. Mom brings over the diapers, wipes, alcohol (for cord), gel (for Wynn's snipped area), and new clothes. Then we're off. I haven't timed it yet, but I know we're getting better with each pit stop. And since Mom just informed me that her book just informed her that we'll be changing over 5,000 diapers by the time he is potty trained, we will be having plenty of practice.


I'm guessing the fun novelty of changing diapers is going to wear off eventually.



Poop Detector




No comments:

Post a Comment