The site for Stephen Wynn Cole

WYNN COLE is due on October 20th, 2010.

Can't wait to meet you, Wynn.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good Appetite

Wynn has his first meal last night around nine or ten. Thank the Lord for Ginny Vick who was here to give Kate a tutorial and some helpful hints she's picked up along the way. Whatever the tricks and method (and Wynn prefers the "football method" of being held during nursing time) it is working. He latches on almost right away and has been eating for up to 25 minutes.

I did notice that about the time Wynn was finishing up his first meal that Ginny Vick started gathering her things. Obviously she is experience with newborns. My first ever diaper change followed and it was a doozy. How so much stuff can come out of something so small defies the laws of physics and math. And here I am with Wynn's stuff all over my hand just rocking along getting a lesson in Advanced Diapering from the nurses. Loved every minute of it. And thankfully at about 2:30 in the morning when it seemed time to change the second diaper of mine and Wynn's life, the deposit was not so overwhelming.

Kate had to remind me to wash my hands after both. she's really getting the hang of this mothering thing.

1 comment:

  1. These stories make my heart smile! I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to meet the lucky little man..give Kate a hug and kiss from the O'Dea crew!

    ReplyDelete