The site for Stephen Wynn Cole

WYNN COLE is due on October 20th, 2010.

Can't wait to meet you, Wynn.

Friday, November 5, 2010

PEE PEE TEEPEE!! PEE PEE TEEPEE!!!

So... I'd heard all the stories about little boys and their tendency to let fly while having their diaper changed. Your Mom even introduced me to "PeePee TeePees" when we went to Babies 'R Us. I underestimated the importance of the peepee teepee.



The second night at home, Sunday the 24th of October is a day that will live in infamy. In your brief 5 days breathing air I had already changed 756 diapers with no unsolicited moisture. After removing your diaper I was looking for the vaseline type stuff. I looked down and someone had turned on the faucet. I was caught so off guard the only thing that came to my mind were the words "Peepee teepee!" I yelled it three or four times in a row which caused your mother to laugh hysterically.



Imagine you spraying all over and me shielding the linens (and your face - on which you had already scored a direct hit) with my hand while only being able to summon the words peepee teepee.



We had a good laugh about it and Mom frequently just looks at me and says in a high pitched voice, "PeePee TeePee, PeePeeTeePee."



And since I've been making fun of you for getting yourself in the face for two weeks, I think tonight you exacted your revenge. I took a position by your head instead of by your feet where I normally am with Mom.

At your first opportunity, you let fly... or spray. Your aim was true. The distance, approximately two feet was accurate. You soaked my jeans in the same area from which you launched your own attack. It was part Pearl Harbor. Part opening scene from Jaws. I was the swimmer in the water at night. I was in the water. Your mom laughed hysterically. PeePee TeePee was again exclaimed. And I detected a smirk. A smirk that confirmed without a doubt, you're my boy.

1 comment: